Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bringing our boys home one Etsy item at a time!

So, last year after we were done with numerous fundraisers I told Andrew (my hubby), "I don't ever want to do another fundraiser again!". I really hate asking people for donations even if it is for such a wonderful cause. Maybe it's a pride thing but I just really hate it! With that said, I am humbling myself yet again and opened an Etsy account today to help raise a bit more to go towards our adoption. When we set out on this adoption journey we really thought we would be adopting one child and we kinda budgeted for one. When we received our referral for two baby boys last week we were completely overjoyed! We then realized that everything is now times 2! We need to purchase an airline ticket for our 3 year old (about $1000) and several thousand more in the care  and country fees while they are in Ethiopia under the care of Hannah's Hope!

So, I do have a few items for sale on Etsy and I would be delighted if you would take the time to browse our "Adoption shop"! :-)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/megmercy?ref=pr_shop



In addition to Etsy, I am picking up as many extra overtime shifts at the hospital as possible! Andrew did that last year but now the fire station does not offer overtime anymore...:-(

Thanks for looking everyone and God Bless!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment